Arts EDI curriculum statement led by myblackarts event – discussions and workshops that explored racial- diversifying within academia and creative space in collaboration with School of Arts. Students were given an opportunity to gain agency and have their voices heard. This event informed the first iteration of their Arts EDI curriculum statement.
- Funding for events and publicity materials.
- Design ability or resource.
- Technical or funds to create videos.
Available evidence of impact:
- Engagement from students with materials.
- Participation with students in creation of materials.
Links to available resources:
Implementation and potential challenges:
- Support from colleagues and seniors at university level.
How to Use:
- Reflect on EDI statement and consider merits on replicating in own discipline.
- Review module content and reading list content for a variety of underrepresented scholars and practitioners.
- Look to introduce external speakers.
- Look to partner with organisations that share EDI aims.
- Look at approaches to teaching and assessment.