The Black Researchers’ Hub is a pioneering learning platform, which aims to break down barriers and support the next generation of black researchers at Essex as well as developing your research skills whatever your career aspirations are.
- Space on institutional network to host content.
Available evidence of impact:
- Attendance at events.
- Page views.
- Informing other university agendas.
Links to available resources:
- Chart My Path and Big Essex Award | University of Essex
- New generation of Black researchers to be supported by pioneering project | University of Essex
- Please note: Access to the hub requires Essex institutional login.
Implementation and potential challenges:
- Harness existing community.
- Encourage peer support.
- Establish relationships with other areas of institutions such as EDI, HR etc.
- Create capacity.
- Align with institutional agendas.
How to Use:
- Consider creating a hub/platform to support researchers.
- Coordinate a network for racialized staff/researchers within your own institution.
- Seek start-up funding from your institution for events.
- Consider inviting a guest speaker to attract members.