This project will develop a career pathway that leads from school to postgraduate research and create routes into research training and careers in the community, voluntary and public sectors.
- Funding/partners to collaborate on bids and programme.
Available evidence of impact:
- Innovative practices emerging from programmes.
- Reduction in inequality within the PGR lifecycle for BAME PGR’s.
- Increase in embedding EDI across the sector within PGR programmes for BAME students.
Links to available resources:
Implementation and potential challenges:
- Look at successful bids where programmes fit with social sciences to consider future bids internal or external opportunities.
- Access to funding streams – where to locate internal and externally to institutions.
- Potential collaborations – institutions or local organisations that would offer value and shared communities of practice.
- Culture change.
How to Use:
- Look to co-develop and implement work-based partnership approach to PGR recruitment.
- Pilot with workplace.
- Build research training programme through anti-racist lens.
- Build research training pathways for professionals and embed research skills in community and voluntary sector.
- Create coaching/mentoring workshops for PG researchers from racialised groups.