University of Reading demonstrate their commitment to supporting students from Black, Asian, or Minority Ethnic (BAME) groups that are currently under-represented. Through the launch of 2 Scenario DTP Scholarships for BAME Home candidates to increase the representation of BAME Home students at Reading.
- Networking with other academic/professional networks.
- Use materials available or as case study to make cases for.
Available evidence of impact:
- Increase in students from underrepresented backgrounds attending university
- Application figures
Links to available resources:
Implementation and potential challenges:
- Universities can signpost and link to content.
- Funding to create scholarships
- Support from university
How to Use:
- Finalise objectives and target students for the scholarship.
- Use real case studies from similar universities to negotiate funding at a university level.
- Investigate relevant funding streams i.e. Access and Participation, Levelling up funding etc.
- Consider linking with partner or local institutions/organisations to deliver and co-fund.
- Framework for supporting scholars through the process and during the scholarship.