Advice on implementing equality and diversity for recruitment and selection, including a diversity checklist.
- HR support/agency to create similar statements in your own university.
Available evidence of impact:
- Increased recruitment rates of staff with protected characteristics.
- Career progression.
- Breaking down structural and cultural barriers.
- Reduction in perceived stereotyping.
Links to available resources:
Implementation and potential challenges:
- HR support/agency to create similar statements.
- Culture change.
- Legal considerations.
How to Use:
- Prioritise EDI within HR policy in your department.
- Commitment at institutional levels.
- Interview panel receive unconscious bias and race equality training.
- EDI statements read out at start of interviews.