This scholarship is concerned to address the current under-representation at the University of Sussex of Masters students from UK Black and Minority Ethnic backgrounds. 5 scholarships are made available every year.
- Networking with other academic/professional networks.
Available evidence of impact:
- Increase in students from underrepresented backgrounds attending university.
- Application figures.
Links to available resources:
Implementation and potential challenges:
- Universities can signpost and link to content.
- Funding to create scholarships.
- Support from university.
How to Use:
- Finalise objectives and target students for the scholarship.
- Use real case studies from similar universities to negotiate funding at a university level.
- Investigate relevant funding streams i.e. Access and Participation, Levelling up funding etc.
- Consider linking with partner or local institutions/organisations to deliver and co-fund.
- Framework for supporting scholars through the process and during the scholarship.