The Centre for Racial Equity seeks to create significant institutional change by developing an expert network of PG researchers of colour, academics, racial justice organisations and local community hubs.
- Networking with other academic/professional networks.
- Use materials available or as case study to make cases for.
Available evidence of impact:
- Increase in students from Black British backgrounds attending university.
- Application figures.
Links to available resources:
- Centre for equity and inclusion Sheffield – Transforming culture and breaking barriers (equityinclusionsheffield.co.uk)
Implementation and potential challenges:
- Universities can signpost and link to content.
How to Use:
- Coordinate a network for people of colour within your own institution.
- Seek start-up funding from your institution for events.
- Consider inviting a guest speaker to attract members.
- Gain support from Executive Group like a race champion.