A symposium using traditional (presentation) methods and radical experiential methods (social dreaming), including guest speakers and group facilitators. This was preceded by a short paper describing our work.
- Funding to host events and speakers.
- Expertise and contacts.
Available evidence of impact:
- Attendance figures.
- Conversations and dialogue emerging from events.
Links to available resources:
- See Social Dialogue online, No 26: “Beyond Breaking the Chains: Decolonisation as transformation”
Implementation and potential challenges:
- Time to facilitate.
How to Use:
- Refer to UClan’s article in Social Dialogue.
- Consider events and alternative methods to employ within the curriculum.
- Include guest speakers and group facilitators to offer external expertise.
- Employ the ‘social dreaming’ methodology in work with black student leaders to enable unconscious racism to be uncovered.