This guide was primarily based on work conducted to better understand the BAME student experience in the School of Sociology and Social Policy, involving interviews and focus groups with students.
- Engagement from staff.
- Incentives for students (paid or other).
Available evidence of impact:
- Student engagement to take part in interviews/focus groups.
- Shift of attitudes.
- Staff engagement and commitment across the institution.
Links to available resources:
Implementation and potential challenges:
- Developing guides for departments/subjects.
- Getting academics/students involved, engaged and onboard.
How to Use:
- Staff can use the Toolkits to decolonise their own reading lists and teaching.
- Findings can be used to make a case for a similar project within your own institution.